SunCommon of Vermont commissioned Synapse-Energy to perform a study that would show the benefits of before-the-meter (BTM) solar. The study shows there were almost $20 million of benefits for all of New England, about $1.3 million for Vermont during the very sunny period of July 1 to July 7; that period had very little wind, and thus almost no wind generation.
That joyous news was released with much fanfare, plus admonitions from SunCommon not to reduce solar…Continue
Added by Willem Post on August 31, 2018 at 6:30am — No Comments
RE proponents want to “electrify” the New England transportation sector. That means:
- Much less consumption of gasoline and much more generation of electricity.
- Internal combustion engines using gasoline, hereafter called E10 (a blend of 90% gasoline/10% ethanol from corn), would be replaced with electric vehicles.
For this article, it is assumed only EVs will be used to replace IC vehicles that currently are using gasoline. Hybrids would not be…Continue
Added by Willem Post on August 27, 2018 at 1:30pm — No Comments
Connecticut Governor Dannell Malloy, Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker, New Hampshire Governor Chris Sununu, Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo, and Vermont Governor Phil Scott held a meeting about energy and issued a statement, which included the following topics.
The wording of the Governors Statement reflects the thinking of various RE proponents that appear to have hijacked the proceedings, such as the:
- Conservation Law Foundation
Added by Willem Post on August 16, 2018 at 6:00am — 10 Comments
VEIC, BERC and EV: Vermont Energy Investment Corporation, VEIC, a non-profit, quasi-government entity, assumed control of:
- Efficiency Vermont in 2008. EV, a quasi-government entity, is financed by a state-mandated surcharge on electric bills, about $60 million in 2016, which is annually increasing.
- Biomass Energy Research Center, BERC, a non-profit, in 2012. BERC became an in-house, captive entity that performs biomass studies for VEIC, Vermont…Continue
Added by Willem Post on August 13, 2018 at 6:00am — No Comments
Vermont’s wood burning harvest was 354,462 cords, or 886,155 green ton for firewood + 347,342 green ton for electrical generation = 1,233,497 green ton in 2014. See URL.
http://fpr.vermont.gov/sites/fpr/files/Forest_and_Forestry/Forest_Based_Business/Library/2014 HARVEST SUMMARY_final.pdf
About 347,342/719,033 = 48% of total…Continue
Added by Willem Post on August 11, 2018 at 9:30am — No Comments
100% RE aficionados, almost all of them never even designed, analyzed and operated any energy system, claim wind and solar, and hydro + bio + waste, and energy storage, and demand management, and energy efficiency, and heat pumps and the batteries of electric vehicles will provide electricity, at a minimum of 99.97% reliability, 24/7/365.
They likely do not know it takes only 40% of all US primary energy to generate electricity. That leaves 60% which would be much more…Continue
Added by Willem Post on August 8, 2018 at 9:30am — No Comments
© 2023 Created by Webmaster. Powered by