UKRAINE WAR, A MOVE BY THE US/EU TO PRESERVE HEGEMONY AND PREVENT A MULTI-POLAR WORLD
The war in Ukraine is not just about Ukraine and Russia, with the US/EU acting as benevolent supporters of "freedom and democracy" in Ukraine.
The US and its NATO allies are deeply involved in the conflict.
Ukraine is used as a mere a proxy to fight Russia to the last Ukrainian by US/EU hegemony planners.
The war is part of a geo-political confrontation between the US/EU and Russia/China combos.
The Russia/China combo is pushing to create a multi-polar world, not under control of the US/EU combo.
Weakening, Regime Change, Breaking Up Russia
The US State/Defense/Intel Departments were waiting for a pretext to get its claws into Russia. They were waiting for a chance to do this, because they saw Russia as, 1) a too independent player on the world stage, 2) having too much natural resources for so few people.
This combo has been trying to effect regime change and break up Russia into separate parts, and take over the resources of each part, decades before 1990, by means of:
1) Undermining and subverting Russian society using foreign-financed NGOs, such as Radio Free Europe, and using West-leaning traditional and social media for spreading "Freedom, Democracy and Civil Society", while naive, besotted Yeltsin was Russia’s President.
Putin, after some years as President, designated the NGOs as foreign agents, and outlawed the Russia-dissing practices of the West-leaning media.
2) Using West-leaning traditional and social media, and financing opponents of the Russian government, such as Navalny, to:
a) Spread "government dirt/malfeasance" provided by US electronic eaves-dropping/spying, and
b) Organize illegal, nationwide protests in Russia, which ended by putting Navalny, etc., in jail.
3) Expand NATO infrastructures from West Germany, to East Germany, to Russian borders, from 1991 to the present, to drive Russian energy and other resources from European markets, such as replacing low-cost Russian natural gas with more expensive US LNG and Norwegian natural gas.
4) US/UK/Norway blowing up Nordstream 1 and 2 pipelines, capable of delivering 110 billion cubic meter per year, to ensure "wobbly" Germany, etc., would not be "backsliding" towards Russia to protect its significant commercial interests in Russia.
5) Financing a coup d’etat in Ukraine (major exporter of grains and seeds) in 2014 (successful)
6) Financing a coup d’etat in Belarus (major exporter of potash fertilizers) in 2021 (unsuccessful)
7) Financing a coup d’etat in Kazakhstan (exporter of oil, gas, coal, etc.) in 2022 (unsuccessful)
Secretary of State Blinken, after the failed coup d’etat: “We will not give up on Kazakhstan."
The US/EU wants to:
1) Have regime change in Russia. Some EU nations, such as Poland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, etc., have publicly called for regime change and the break-up of Russia.
2) Break up Russia into parts (as was done with Yugoslavia), that would be admitted to the US/EU-controlled, “western club of civilized nations”, one at a time, to command/control the energy and resources of each part
3) Control the energy and resources of the North Pole and of the Arctic areas north of Siberia
4) Control access to the shipping lanes north of Siberia from the Atlantic Ocean, to Alaska, to the Pacific Ocean
Weakening China a Side Benefit of Wakening Russia
As a side benefit, these measures would weaken China, which, at present, greatly benefits from friendly, low-cost, access to Russia’s energy and other resources.
China would be cut-off from these "former-Russia" resources, and from the shipping lanes north of Siberia, and from advanced computer chip making, etc.
Some Geo-Politics from the US Aspect
It would be an existential nightmare for the US to see Germany (the industrial engine of Europe), Russia (with huge natural resources) and China (a low-cost producer of a multitude of industrial products) form a future alliance, and see itself rendered irrelevant in European and world affairs. That had to be prevented, at all costs, which means:
1) Destroying Major Energy Infrastructure: German access to low-cost Russian resources, such as natural gas at $2.80/1000 m3, via the 4 pipelines of Nord Stream 1 and 2, had to be permanently cut off by blowing up the Nord Stream pipelines, plus sanctions on Russia to prohibit Siemens, a German company, from providing services and parts to the Siemens gas compressors in Russia.
2) Inflicting a Strategic Weakening, Isolation, and Ultimate Break-up of Russia: Russia had to be weakened and isolated to make it less useful as a strategic partner for China, by:
a) Moving NATO infrastructures from East Germany to Russian borders, which required expensive countermoves by Russia
b) Imposing pre-planned sanctions on Russia to eliminate its SWIFT access to the world’s financial system, and collapse its currency and economy; the GDP of the US/EU is at least 10 times larger than of Russia
The sanctions had a major adverse impact on Europe. It’s high, post-COVID, GDP growth-rate in 2021, became near-zero %, in 2022, with the UK having a negative GDP growth-rate in 2022
The sanctions had a minor impact on Russia. The Russian ruble was the strongest major currency in the world in 2022, and Russian GDP shrank only 2.1% in 2022, with minor GDP growth predicted for 2023 and 2024, per IMF estimates, versus predictions of about a 20 to 25% GDP drop in 2022, due to illegal US/EU sanctions in violation of WTO rules, and not approved by the UN.
c) After the US-instigated/financed, violent coup d'etat in Kiev in 2014, with hundreds of people killed during several months, the US/EU-financed/armed/trained/advised Ukraine has been used as a proxy battering ram against Russia, for as long as it takes, or until Ukraine runs out of cannon fodder and NATO “volunteers”.
Ukraine was “augmented” as a proxy fighter, with 46 US Department of Defense-owned/controlled bio labs, starting in 2014, which the Pentagon finally owned up to, and Nuland testified to, under oath, in Congress, after months of denial.
Why would impoverished, corrupt Ukraine need so many bio labs, unless evil doings were planned for.
NOTE: The Canadian Foreign Minister calling for regime change in Russia. Does she consult with other countries before making such as statement?
Russia Annexed Crimea, Because of at Least Four Major Provocations
1) US-led NATO had more than doubled in membership, despite a verbal promise by US Secretary of State Baker to naive Gorbachev, in 1991, to not expand NATO “one inch" beyond East Germany.
2) The US had financed/instigated the Kiev coup d'etat on Feb. 22, 2014, that replaced the legally elected President Viktor Yanukovych with pre-selected, pro-Western leaders, who favored membership in NATO, a major trespassing of a well-known Russian red line.
3) The US had placed anti-ballistic missiles in Romania and Poland, and likely would have placed them in east Ukraine and Crimea as well, plus a NATO naval base, to encircle Russia.
Those missile sites, staffed with only US military personnel (the citizens of other countries have no access) could easily be converted to hypersonic missiles that would reach Moscow within minutes
4) The 8-y genocide of ethnic Russians in the Donbas area, which killed about 14,000 civilians, as documented by UN OSCE observers in weekly reports. This genocide has been on-going, because Kiev refused to implement the Minsk Agreements
Kiev Aggravating the Donbas Situation
Most of Ukraine has been a part of the Russian Empire and the USSR for about 300 years, from about 1700 to 1991.
The Donbas area in east Ukraine consists of two provinces, Luhansk and Donetsk.
The people in the Donbas area are predominantly ethnic Russians. They speak Russian, not Ukrainian. They belong to the Russian Orthodox Church, not the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, etc.
Russia had to be goaded into protecting the ethnic Russians in the Donbas area, who have many relatives in Russia
Harassment and Genocide of Ethnic Russians in Donbas Started after the Coup d'Etat in 2014
The US had spent $5 billion from 1990 to 2014, per Nuland, to finally achieve the coup d'etat in Ukraine, in February, 2014
The extremist, Russia-hating Kiev government, installed under the supervision of the US, decided to eradicate all aspects of Russian influence and culture from Ukraine, to receive financing/arms/training/advice from its new protectors, i.e., the US/UK/EU, to "take back our lands from Russia".
Here is Zelensky and his top advisor dragging the US into WWIII
Donbas People are Ethnic Russians
The people in the Donbas area are predominantly ethnic Russians. They wanted no part of Kiev's new government installed after a US-instigated, violent coup d'etat, in February 2014.
The two Donbas provinces declared themselves independent republics.
Kiev's armed forces responded by invading the Donbas area and managed to take back about 60% of the area.
The Ukraine army included the Russia-hating, tattooed AZOV battalions, which idolized Banderas, a German NAZI collaborator during WWII.
The Ukraine army used long-range artillery and infiltration raids, to kill about 14,000 civilians (an average of about 1,750/y), plus injure many more, on the eastern side of the heavily fortified defense line, for 8 years, from 2014 to February 24, 2022
This was part of the Ukraine-initiated harassment/genocide of the ethnic Russians, who rightfully distrusted, and therefore wanted no part of Kiev's Western-oriented government.
About 2.5 million people were evacuated from the Donbas area to Russia, during these 8 years.
UN OSCE Role: Very little of the harassment/genocide was reported by the Mainstream Media, MSM, in the US and Europe, even though on-site UN OSCE observers filed weekly reports for 8 years!!!
Ukraine Build-up of Forces in Donbas Area Prior to Russian Invasion in 2022
During the latter half of 2021, Ukraine had amassed at least 100,000 NATO-armed/trained/advised troops on the western side of the defense line, to launch a blitzkrieg against Donbas after January 2022; the ground would be frozen.
Ukraine had been steadily increasing its round-the-clock shelling intensity; it was 700 - 800 shells per day from February 17 to 24, 2022.
Russia had massed its troops, mostly in Belarus and near Donbas, as a counter move.
Ukraine would have conquered the remaining 40% of the Donbas area, which would have resulted in an even greater genocide, if Russia had not intervened on February 24, 2022.
Increased Rate of Killing in Both Donbas Provinces
Some 4,449 civilians were killed, plus 4,147 wounded, by Ukrainian bombardments of populated localities in the Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) since the Ukraine escalation began on February 17, 2022 to February 27, 2023, a few days more than one year
Similar numbers of killed and wounded likely took place in the Luhansk Democratic Republic, LPR
The rate of killing by Ukraine armed forces in the Donbas area, after the Russian intervention, increased about 5 times, from about 1,750/y (the average of 8 years) to about 8,500/y
Ukraine unashamedly claims, it shells only military targets, but many schools, hospitals, shopping centers and apartment buildings were destroyed in the Donbas area, as part of its on-going harassment/genocide.
That Donbas genocide and destruction is hardly ever reported by the mainstream media, MSM.
Minsk Agreements Not Implemented
For 8 years prior to the intervention, Russia had been trying to get the Minsk Accords implemented to give a measure of cultural/political/social/religious autonomy for the ethnic Russians in the Donbas area, with the area remaining an integral part of Ukraine, per the Minsk Accords.
But the US/UK, Ukraine, France and Germany, etc., stone-walled and obstructed the implementation, because they were using the Minsk Accords as a tool to deceive and delay, while financing/arming/training/advising Ukraine armed forces to NATO standards, for about 8 years
There were public admissions by the following persons, 1) they were not going to implement the Minsk agreements, 2) the purpose of not implementing the Minsk agreements was to buy time to pump Ukraine with weapons and prepare Ukraine to be a proxy fighter to strategically weaken Russia:
Ms. (former German Chancellor) Angela Merkel,
Mr. (former French President Francois) Hollande,
Mr. (former Ukrainian President Pyotr) Poroshenko,
Ukrainian President Vladimir] Zelensky,
Germany and France are co-signers of the Minsk Agreements.
Merkel and Hollande knew they had no choice but to support the US agenda to protect their lucrative, trillion dollar commercial interests in the US/Canada/Mexico.
It is important to note, the Russian intervention came after Ukraine did the following:
1) Amassed at least 100,000 troops on the western side of defense line of the Donbas area
2) Significantly increased the rate of bombardments of the eastern Donbas area in January/February, 2022
Russia, after 8 years of trying to get the Minsk accords implemented, needed to protect the ethnic Russians from the on-going genocide.
Russia invaded Ukraine in February 24, 2022, to put an end to the genocide, and liberate two additional ethnic Russian-leaning provinces.
All four provinces voted by more than 90% to be part of Russia, which was voted into law by the Russian Duma.
Nuland: “The US seeks no war with Russia. It just wants Russia to leave Ukraine”.
That statement is the epitome of hypocrisy, because Ukraine likely would restart its genocide and oppression of ethnic Russians in the four provinces and in Crimea.
Peace Talks Nixed by US/UK
Naftali Bennett, the former Prime Minister of Israel, said:
1) Just after the start of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on February 24, 2022, the West “blocked” a ceasefire he was helping to broker early in the war, and
2) Russia and Ukraine had made significant compromises to settle their differences during peace talks in Turkey.
Bennett said, “there was a good chance of reaching a ceasefire” but the Western powers “curbed” negotiations, in a wide-ranging interview uploaded to YouTube.
US/UK/EU Long-Term Strategy
The US/UK forced Zelensky's government to toe the line, i.e., no peace talks, or else be cut off from NATO funding and arms.
The US/UK thought it had finally cornered Russia into a war of attrition, i.e., bleed/weaken/isolate Russia "for as long as it takes", which would:
1) Collapse the Russian ruble and Russian economy with pre-planned sanctions
2) Create social and political unrest all over Russia, by having US/EU media affiliates in Russia "report the truth”; using the Russian branch of Radio Free Europe to “spread freedom in Russia”; financing NGOs and pro-West opposition groups, all aiming to oust Putin and install a malleable pro-West person, such as Navalny, as was done in Ukraine in 2014.
3) Break up Russia into separate parts, similar to Yugoslavia. Each part would be absorbed into the "Rules-Based, Family of Civilized Nations" after meeting "US/EU/NATO conditions"
4) Get control of and exploit "former-Russia's" vast energy, timber, and other resources
5) Get control of the Baltic Sea, Black Sea, and the new sea lanes north of Siberia from Norway, to Alaska, to the Pacific Ocean, and deny China-controlled ships access to these areas.
6) Create a US/EU-owned/controlled Belt-Road Initiative, BRI, to connect the EU to the "former-Russia" parts and surrounding countries, and put the entire area under US/EU/NATO control, and deny China access to these areas, unless complying with “conditions” set by the US/EU.
Fortunately, the Ruble drop, GDP drop, and weakening and isolation, did not happen, because Russia’s plentiful scientists and engineers have risen to the challenge to produce in Russia what it used to buy from Europe. China will do its best to assist Russia, for as long as needed, because if Russia falls, China would be next, for sure.
LIST OF ARTICLES
UKRAINE A GEO-POLITICAL PAWN OF US/UK/NATO TO WEAKEN RUSSIA
UKRAINE WAR, A MOVE BY THE US/EU TO PRESERVE HEGEMONY AND PREVENT A MULTI-POLAR WORLD
WHITNEY: SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT-STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT UKRAINE
THE US-INSTIGATED, DANGEROUS, UKRAINE IMBROGLIO
UKRAINE ROCKED BY CORRUPTION SCANDAL, WAVE OF TOP OFFICIALS RESIGN: Sports Cars, Mansions & Luxury Vacations While Ukraine People Suffer
NORD STREAM SABOTAGE WAS CIA, US NAVY COVERT OP: Seymour Hersh Bombshell Prompts White House Response