Ukraine Rocked By Corruption Scandal, Wave Of Top Officials Resign: Sports Cars, Mansions & Luxury Vacations As People Suffered
The Ukrainian government on Tuesday confirmed the resignation of multiple high ranking officials amid large-scale corruption allegations, in what's being called the biggest mass resignation and graft scandal since the Russian invasion began.
Some dozen officials have quit their posts after a huge political shake-up over allegations and probes into cases ranging from bribery, to mismanagement of aid funds for purchasing food, to embezzlement, to driving expensive cars while common people suffer under wartime conditions.
A top presidential adviser and four deputy ministers - among these two defense officials, along with five regional governors were forced out of their posts. And among the regional governors to step down included officials overseeing regions which have seen intense fighting, including the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson regions, where Russian forces have lately reported gains.
The US spent over $100 BILLION in less than one year to use the Ukraine people as mercenaries to weaken Russia, and thereby weaken China, so it can be subdued as well.
Wind and Solar are Molly-Coddled up to Their Armpits
Grossly Excessive Financial Incentives: About 45 to 50% of the “wind, all-in LCOE” (levelized cost of energy) of wind turbine projects consists of various financial in incentives. I have the 20-y spreadsheets.
If no financial incentives were available, Owners would have to sell their electricity at almost 2 times the price, c/kWh, they now receive, which would be very bad PR for wind.
THE FINANCIAL INCENTIVES ARE THE REASON MANY $BILLIONS OF $DOLLARS ARE MADE AVAILABLE BY RICH PEOPLE WHO ARE PROFITING FROM LUCRATIVE TAX-SHELTERS, SUCH AS WARREN BUFFETT, WHILE LEGALLY SCREWING ALL OTHERS, ALL IN THE NAME OF THE HOLY GRAIL, "SAVING THE PLANET"
Wind Output is Variable Almost 100% of the Time: I looked at the hour-to-hour wind output in New England (ISO-NE website) for an entire year, 8766 hours.
I was bleary eyed.
I found there ALWAYS was some wind output. It was NEVER zero.
Wind output is variable almost 100% of the time
Counteracting Variable Wind Output: What makes wind a grid disturber, or very expensive, or very uneconomical (take your pick) is the VARIABLE output, because OTHER generators (likely gas-fired power plants) HAVE to counteract the output variations, UP TO NEAR ZERO wind output, 24/7/365, year after year.
By exporting excess electricity, such as to Quebec, via not-yet-existing HV DC lines, NE generators will do less counteracting, but Quebec generators will do more counteracting; there is no free lunch in the real engineering world.
Cost of Counteracting Variable Wind Output: The counteracting costs imposed on the other generators will be an addition to the “all-in LCOE” of the other generators.
Depending on grid conditions/topology, that cost addition is:
Less than 5% at up to 5% annual wind penetration,
About 5% at about 10% wind penetration,
About 10% at 15% wind penetration, etc.
That cost addition becomes very large at high levels of wind penetration, because more and more of the other generators will be operating less economically, due to:
1) Ramping up/down, at about 75% of rated output, to counteract, on a minute-by-minute basis, the variable wind outputs; more Btu/kWh, more c/kWh
2) Being on hot, synchronous standby, and cold standby; more Btu/kWh, more c/kWh
3) Having much more fuel-guzzling cold start and stops; more Btu/kWh, more c/kWh
4) Having much more wear and tear, more Btu/kWh, more c/kWh.
5) Producing less, but more expensive electricity, due to inefficiently operating, at a lesser capacity factor, with wind on the grid
NOTE: The more wind and solar on the grid, the larger the electricity quantities that need to be counteracted, and the greater the cost of the counteracting services, as proven in Germany and Ireland.
Ignoring the Money and Environmental Impacts? The public not looking at the wind project spreadsheets and not being made aware of wind's lifetime adverse environmental consequences, is exactly what "rich folks with tax-shelters and their protectors" want.
Over the decades, those folks have set up nationwide PR structures to lie and cheat every-which-way to get their projects approved, built and paid for in Europe and the US.
In that manner, wind is ARTIFICIALLY made to LOOK economically and socially palatable to the kept-ignorant/deluded/brainwashed ratepayers and taxpayers.
The PR ideal is to make “skunk-wind" perceived as a “low-maintenance, perfumed beauty at a garden party”.
To sum up, wind gets:
1) Various federal and state financial incentives,
2) Plus, free electric grid expansion/augmentation,
3) Plus, free backup/standby power plant services
4) Plus, free grid management services
5) Plus, free hazardous waste disposal during project life, and at end of life,
6) Plus, free legalized killing of bats and birds, including bald eagles, and of whales,
7) Plus, free legalized ruining of the fishing industry,
8) Plus, free sickening of people and animals with infrasound, which is felt, but not heard,
9) Plus, free visual blight all over the place
There would be no wind, solar and battery systems without the huge, politics-inspired, financial incentives.
Thank heavens, ISO-NE has, till now, adequate backup/standby plants, plus adequate natural gas and fuel oil storage capacity near power plants, to INSTANTLY COUNTERACT the ups and downs and absences of wind and solar, 24/7/365, year after year.
Ukraine War, a Move by the US/EU to Preserve Hegemony and Prevent a Multi-Polar World
The war in Ukraine is not just about Ukraine and Russia, with the US/EU acting as benevolent supporters of Ukraine. The US and its NATO allies are deeply involved in the conflict. Ukraine is merely a proxy for US/EU hegemony planners. The war is part of a geo-political confrontation between the US/EU and Russia/China, that are pushing to create a multi-polar world, no longer under the US/EU hegemony.
Weakening, Regime Change, Breaking Up Russia
The US State/Defense/Intel Departments likely viewed Russia as having too much resources for so few people. These Departments have been trying to break up Russia to a suitable size by means of:
1) Undermining Russian society with foreign-financed NGOs for "spreading Freedom, Democracy and Civil Society", while Yeltsin was Russia’s President. The NGOs were outlawed by Putin.
2) Using opponents of the Russian government, such as Navalny, to: 1) spread "dirt" provided by the US surveillance system, and 2) organize nationwide protests in Russia.
3) Moving NATO infrastructures from East Germany to Russian borders, from 1991 to the present, to drive Russia from East Europe
4) A coup d’etat in Ukraine (major exporter of grains and seeds) in 2014 (successful)
5) A coup d’etat in Belarus (major exporter of potash fertilizers) in 2021 (unsuccessful)
6) A coup d’etat in Kazakhstan (exporter of oil, gas, coal, etc.) in 2022 (unsuccessful)
The U.S. wants to:
1) Have regime change in Russia,
2) Divide up Russia in small, easily controlled provinces,
3) Provide energy/resource-starved Europe low-cost access to "former-Russia" resources.
4) Have control of the increasingly ice-free shipping lanes from northern Norway to Alaska
5) Have control of the coal, oil, gas, etc., on the Siberian side of the Asian Continental shelf
As a side benefit, these measures would weaken China, which greatly benefits from low-cost, friendly, access to Russia’s resources. China would be cut-off from these "former-Russia" resources, and from the northern shipping lanes, and from advanced computer chip making
Setting the Stage to Weaken Russia
The US-led NATO was financing/arming/training/advising the Ukraine armed forces, after the illegal Kiev coup d’etat in 2014, which ousted a democratically elected President.
Those Kiev armed forces were mostly arrayed on the western side of the defense line in Donbas area, in East Ukraine, starting in 2014.
Genocide of Russian-Speaking People
From behind that line, the Ukraine army's AZOV/NAZI battalions used long-range artillery, and nightly raids, in the eastern part of the Donbas, to kill about 14,000, plus injure many more, by 2022, as part of a planned harassment-genocide of Russian-speaking people, who distrusted, and wanted no part of, Kiev's new government, installed with approval of the US.
Very little of the genocide was reported by the Western Media in the US and Europe, even though UN on-site observers filed weekly reports for 8 years!!!
Russia was trying to get the Minsk Accords implemented, but were obstructed by Ukraine, France and Germany, etc., because they and others, were using the Minsk Accords as a tool to deceive and delay, while financing/arming/training/advising Ukraine, for the better part of 8 years, as recently admitted by Merkel, former Chancellor of Germany, during an interview.
Russia finally had enough provocation, especially after significantly increased bombardments of the eastern Donbas by the Ukraine army in January/February, 2022.
Peace Talks Nixed by US/UK
Naftali Bennett, the Prime Minister of Israel just after the start of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in February, 2022, said, the West “blocked” a ceasefire he was helping to broker early in the war.
Bennett said, “there was a good chance of reaching a ceasefire” before the Western powers “curbed” negotiations in a wide-ranging interview uploaded to YouTube.
Full-Scale War with Russia?
Washington hotheads and some extremist Russia-hating countries (Poland, the Baltics, etc.) are advocating a full-blown war against Russia, and the devastation and breakup of the Russian Federation, as well as the destruction of millions of lives in Russia and Ukraine.
Are they thinking there would not be tens of millions of dead in European countries?
Poor, Corrupt, Ukraine a Victim of US/EU/NATO Ambitions
The US aims to transform Ukraine into a powerful military state, to weaken/exhaust, a heavily sanctioned Russia, by means of:
1) A coup d’etat in Ukraine in 2014,
2) NATO financing/arming/training/advising Ukraine’s armed forces,
3) Promising Ukraine to get “their lands back”, i.e., four Ukraine provinces in the east, and Crimea, all populated with Russian-speaking people, who overwhelmingly voted by more than 90%, to rejoin Russia. All of these areas had been part of the Russia Empire and USSR, for hundreds of years until 1991
4) Deluding the Ukraine people, with promises, to be cannon fodder “for as long as it takes”
Agenda of EU Countries
EU countries, etc., provide weapons in an antiseptic way, i.e., not getting their hands dirty, none of their people gets injured/killed, no damage in their countries.
What a good deal, if Russia would only co-operate by collapsing soon to get control of:
1) The low-cost coal, oil and gas and other minerals
2) The vast agricultural areas of Russia to export the crops.
Russia Dealing with Sanctions
However, Russian gas, oil, coal, and other resources, and products and services, have increasingly found their ways into the global markets via India, China, Brazil, Turkey, Africa, etc., within one year, despite US/EU sanctions imposed on Russia.
Natural gas fired power was ALWAYS much cheaper than New England offshore wind, because gas fired power is not weather-dependent, not intermittent, not variable, requires no grid extension/augmentation, requires no backup/standby plants, does not kill birds, bats and whales, does not decimate the fishing industry, and does not require subsidies equal to about 50% of the all-in LCOE of an offshore wind project
Did the CIA Engineer Watergate to Get Rid of Nixon?
Investigating whether the explosive assertions of Tucker Carlson might be true.
© 2023 Created by Webmaster. Powered by
You need to be a member of Citizens' Task Force on Wind Power - Maine to add comments!
Join Citizens' Task Force on Wind Power - Maine