See Alice McKay's email below. Please take even five minutes and write something yourself if you have not already done so.
The email address for Mark Margerum at the DEP is: email@example.com
A description of what they are taking comments on is here:
From Alice McKay Barnett:
Please accept this correspondence as comment by Alice McKay Barnett on the Department’s pre-rulemaking draft of Wind Energy Act Standards.
In “5.A. Public Safety”
Any complaint protocol "Hot Line" should be manned by Local Health Officer.
Local Health Officers in Maine
In 1885, Maine legislature authorized Maine municipalities to establish local Boards of Health, each headed by a Local Health Officer (LHO).
Every municipality/town is required by law to employ a Local Health Officer and LHOs are also responsible for adjoining area designated as unorganized.
• Health resource for community
• Report communicable diseases
• Problem solver to resolve complaints
• Examine nature of public complaints
• Investigate/Enforce complaints
• With consent, inspect and examine premises where filth and conditions pose a public health threat
• Enforce public health safety laws
• Keep record of complaints, investigation and resolution
Alice McKay Barnett
1068 Dickvale Road
Peru, ME 04290
PLEASE, NO EXCUSES...
or forever hold your peace!