This whole thing is an idealistic, religious, leftist scam. Our entire economy has been built on unfettered, cheap reliable coal, oil and gas. In an effort by leftist (communist) groups allied with a United Nations that has used smoke and mirrors to convince everyone that the sky is falling, we have been duped into the idea that using ANY carbon based fuel is evil. CO2 is not poison. CO2 levels are at very low levels but are increasing . . . . but the temperature is NOT rising. Those, folks, are facts.
The cleanest we could use to make electricity would be hydro or nuclear, and in the long run would be the cheapest. One thing we have to remember is that electricity amounts to about 20% of our use of carbon based fuels. Transportation, heat, industry, travel and all the other things we do are 80%. Even if we were to reduce our use of fuels for electricity to ZERO, (which there is no possible way to do) we don't have the technology to eliminate the other uses for fossil fuels. Massachusetts and NY have been living in a fairy tale world driven by the leftist UN and the politicians who are NOT scientists, but frauds.
The people out there have to do a little real research and find that we have been lied to about the data that has been corrupted by the UN, NOAA and NASA under the regimes of far leftist (communist) governments. This was true of the last 25 years of the US too. And it is in this period that the influence of the US has declined significantly. There has been a battle to reduce America's influence in the world, and until 2016 it had been being fought effectively since Ronald Reagan left office, and had been accelerated in the last eight years. It is time we put an end to this nonsense and return to safe, scientific, reliable, economic energy, taking the government influence out of the equation. Subsidies are just taxation and rate increases that we don't need. The government has done very little to make our live as they should be.
To shut down any pipeline activity just means they are going to be looking to Maine to either run a transmission line through our western mountains or put up more wind turbines across our ridge lines or in our ocean. Either way, we lose. We become their industrial wasteland instead of Vacationland