"All Maine Wind Turbine Jobs"
"14 Maine Wind Turbine jobs
5 future jobs for Bingham.... possible 15-20 year career ?"
Where are the qualified Maine workers for these 14 jobs, where is the School ? Competitive Wages to the average wage in Maine, not the industry sector as a whole, means a lower wage for those that are employed in Maine, vs other areas. Tuition Assistance -- Education outside of Maine required at a job specific school ? -- Travel to locations as and where needed eventually -- Not very promising for Long Term permanent jobs. Are we seeing these job listings in our local News Media or are they being secretive by limiting posting locations.
Are you working in a position that involves direct, hands-on mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical experience? Or have you worked with the maintenance and service of wind turbines? Vestas has an opportunity in our service technician positions for you to further expand these capabilities in the wind industry.
Service Technician I
Vestas Americas, Service - US & Canada
The Service Technician role is to maintain and troubleshoot complex hydraulic and electrical controls circuits to maintain a wind turbine. The customer relies on our safe work practices, technical acumen, teamwork, leadership and fiscal stewardship to maintain the turbines in their best condition to generate power at the lowest overall cost.
- Closely adheres to all safety standards and procedures. Identifies risks and gaps in safety execution in the operational environment and either stops work / escalates or implements defined and appropriate mitigation methods with appropriate oversight. Demonstrates risk-averse safety behavior at all times. Provides recommendations to higher level technical staff and management regarding everything safety. Encourages and recognizes others completing safe acts and intervenes when unsafe acts are practiced.
- Demonstrates integrity, strong initiative, work ethic, as well as a focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis.
- Performs basic level wind turbine service and/or installation tasks as assigned. This includes introductory operation and use of tools and basic turbine equipment. Documents tasks where required and enters data into the company information system (e.g. SAP).
- Effectively gathers information regarding equipment (e.g. turbine) status. Seeks assistance when encountering turbine issues outside trained skill level to ensure success in execution.
- Follows defined instructions and maintenance schedules, executing plans as directed and performs according to reasonably detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Effectively contributes to a strong team environment through assisting team mates in accomplishing mutual goals, supporting and promoting team spirit and cooperation.
- Proactively looks for improvement opportunities to job related processes and procedures and communicates through appropriate channels.
- Interfaces with customer at a minimal level; may respond to some basic customer inquiries and will refer most customer inquiries to higher level technical staff or manager. Demonstrates strong customer focus at all times.
- This role will require travel, working overtime, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) years’ experience working with hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and/or composite skills OR in absence of experience, a certificate of completion from an accepted Wind Technician program of equivalent scope.
- Ability to demonstrate basic industrial safety practices / protocols including LOTO and Test-Verify-Test.
- Experience using basic power and hydraulic tools.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to obtain a Passport.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions with precise execution.
- Good interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Able to effectively collaborate with employees at all professional levels and ability to respectfully follow supervision.
- Basic computer operation skills and familiarity with internet based program navigation.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand basic drawings and schematics.
- Ability to speak, read, comprehends and writes in English.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders 60-125 meters in height.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry items up to 50 lbs in weight.
- Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to grip and manually manipulate, often with repetitive motion, items such as, but not limited to, hand tools, turbine parts.
- Comfortable working in confined spaces and at heights over 100 meters.
- Ability to successfully participate in all training courses, including controlled decent.
- Ability to hear and use close range radios.
- Strong field of vision including visual depth perception and ability to distinguish colors.
- Able to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions.
- Able to work remotely in a Turbine as part of a team with limited supervisory interaction.
This position is located in Bingham, ME