I need letters! Audubon and other bird groups signed gag order!
Here is the power Point http://www.darrylmueller.com/Sand_Hill_Project.pptx
Second Power Point http://www.darrylmueller.com/windmill_24_March16_bats.pptx
All information is at www.darrylmueller/alarm.html
My appeal letter,http://www.darrylmueller.com/ALCO_Appeal%20_3-24-16.pdf
I have another appeal scheduled for June 2016 on 33 Wind Turbines.
SUBJECT: Appeal of the Alameda County Planning Office March 24, 2016 decision regarding the Sand Hill Wind LLC. Conditional Use Permit, PLN2015-00198 Zoning Adjustments.
EIR did not have all the facts that we are sighting. We were left out of the notification NOP DER and Final EIR. I have been involved with windmill avian mortality for 30 years. I expect to get notified and I was not.
We are very concerned that the agency’s that safe guard our wildlife have not done a diligent job. Concerns are great to safe guard frogs, snakes, salamanders or mice. Wile on the windmill side we are looking a only one case in Wyoming the USFWS & the DOJ did act. APWRA could have over $11,310,000 in MBTA fines, see slide 24.
So Susan and I will show reasons CPU should not be allowed until concerns are answered.
- Alameda County Windmill setback standards are out of date. 10 rotor diameter is becoming the standard.
- Alameda County Windmill noise standards do not measure LFN and 55dba should only be acceptable at day time hours.
- World Health Organization 40 db for night noise for sleep.
- Rotor cut in speed of 11 mph has reduced bat mortality.
- 1976 study of 3 dimensional blade potential impact increases with size.
- New re-power APWRA increases Meg Watts for 378.17 to 426.76.
- New re-power increases blade sweep Sand Hill 41%.
- New Re-powering APWRA blade sweep 76% increase.
- Attrition of 57.9% from turbine blades.
- Under searched turbine areas result in fewer carcass counts.
- Should do 48 hr searches and get 100% ten search 80%.
- The sales term “Bird Friendly Turbine” is false unless it is shrouded.
- Alameda County has to take the high road on mortality and no go for the dollars.
- Self reporting by windmill operators is self serving and controls the mortality information released.
- Gag orders in the form of confidentiality agreements and threats to workers on finding and reporting Avian must be stopped, here must be some kind of means to encourage reporting. And to outlaw any non-disclosure that shields any mortality must be part of a CUP, wind turbine operating permit.
- Resident stake holders we were left out notification of NOPEIR, Draft EIR, and Final EIR. That is what the process is all about telling what is about to happen. We received a post card notice of the final hearing in October for Golden Hills North.
- The total re-powering unless it is changed will add 97 new Industrial turbines with a 76% expansion of blade sweep.
Darryl Mueller’s Power Point New Re-Powering Blade Sweep Increase and Avian Mortality Prevention at
- Susan Mueller’s Power Point on Re-powering, Bats and Mortality Prevention at